Travel the World- Food Style (My Favorites)

One of my very favorite things is trying new foods- especially foods from different countries! Here are some of my very favorites!

1. Sushi

Investigators: Sushi restaurant fires caused by ingredient's ...

Before you say "gross" (if you are one of those people), first consider this question: Have you ever tried sushi from a real-deal sushi restaurant? Because it makes all the difference! Every piece of sushi is a piece of art and a burst of unique, mouth-watering flavors! 

2. Mochi Ice Cream
 My/Mo Cookies & Cream Mochi Ice Cream - 36 Mochi Ice Cream Balls ...
 I've had a serious mochi ice cream craving lately! But for me this isn't an everyday snack. It's a special event. Like sushi, it's what Seth and I call an "experience food." From mango to cookies and cream, there are so many wonderful flavors to try! My favorite are the mochi ice cream cooler chests (like the ones found in Smith's Marketplace) where you can pick and choose your flavors to try one of each! Soft on the outside and creamy on the inside- yum!

3. Chamango

 Chamango Mexican Snacks Delivery in Las Vegas | Order Online ...
So refreshing, flavorful, and fruity! The chamango is one of my favorite treats! It's an icy fresh mango smoothie with fresh mango chunks and chunks of chewy chamoy candy mixed throughout it. Don't forget the giant straw covered in a layer of chamoy and the red chili powder to perfect this Mexican specialty!

4. Mexican Candy


 Amazon.com : Mexican Candy Variety Care Package by AtHomePlus (40 ...
 Unlike typical candy in the U.S. which consists of one flavor (SUGAR), I love the variety of flavors in Mexican candy! Tangy, spicy, fruity, savory, a splash of sweet! I especially like the candies with tamarindo!

5. Coxinha

Coxinha de frango especial Seara - HOJE TEM FRANGO – SEARA – Tudo ...

Coxinhas are one of my favorites, found on the streets of Brazil! There is so much goodness inside that crunchy outer layer! Inside a coxinha you might find any combination of yummy things- usually shredded chicken, cheese, creamy cheese, etc!

6. Toast with Jam and Scrambled Eggs (Yes, on the toast!)



This might be my ultimate comfort food. And I have no idea where it came from- except that I learned it from my dad! To make this delicious delicacy, toast your bread, then spread on some jam (I like strawberry or apricot best, but I'll eat it with whatever jam we have!), then put the scrambled eggs right on top of the jam in a layer! For an even richer experience, add butter to the toast, before spreading the jam on. Before you make hasty judgements, try it yourself!


Excited to Try: Universal Yums

Universal Yums | Snacks from around the world delivered monthly
Universal Yums is a company I just recently learned about! They send a box of goodies (snacks and treats) to your doorstep- from a different country every month! Sounds like a fun way to experience new foods and cultures!


I hope this list gave you some ideas of something new to try!

Comment below with your favorite unique snack, food, or treat!

Happy World Travels!

-Erica

Comments